We cover the whole of the Edinburgh area, not just the city centre. Through us, you will access an extensive range of poster and leaflet sites, covering a wide area. During the festival we distribute daily, in the evening and at weekends, on foot, by van and by bike.
Our network of sites includes arts venues, bars, pubs, bistros, restaurants, take-aways, shops, tourist attractions, transport sites, hotels, youth hostels and more.
All material distributed is displayed by a member of our dedicated distribution team at established display sites.
At each display site we cover any space available. Usually we display posters in prominent areas. If we are unable to, we display in changing rooms, staff rooms or on ceilings instead!
We guarantee distribution and display of your print… but there’s huge competition. We are unable to guarantee that your print will remain on display or that it will be successful in attracting audiences.
EAE distribute inside premises not on the streets. WE DO NOT FLY POST any material. This is illegal and the police will prosecute.
EAE do not display posters and flyers in national chain stores, large department stores, banks or building societies in the City Centre, Princes St. or George St.
Please note, print of an adult nature may not be suitable for some of our display sites.
- The maximum size of poster we can distribute during the Festival is A2 (420 x 594 mm or 16.5 x 23.25 in).
- We have a large team of trained, uniformed postering staff working on foot throughout the Edinburgh area.
- We divide the city into geographical postering areas. During a typical shift, an EAE posterer will display around 150 assorted posters in an area. In addition, displays are tidied and updated.
- During, and in the run up to the festival, most areas are visited daily.
- We always use established display sites. All of our clients’ posters are displayed inside pubs, restaurants, shops, laundrettes, wine bars, clubs etc. NB We do not fly post outdoors as this is illegal.
- All poster distribution is carefully recorded on poster returns. All posters are stamped with an EAE stamp which has a code unique to each member of staff. This enables us to monitor the campaign and track all posters through the system.
- To counter other companies who may interfere with our clients’ material, we employ a Poster Coordinator who keeps displays as tidy as possible and helps combat the covering or removal of print.
- We are unable to display posters in Fringe venues. Ensure you keep back some of your print for display in your host venue.
Leaflets & Brochures
- Leaflets, flyers and brochures are distributed by a team of full-time drivers who systematically cover the entire city placing your print into our customised display racks or designated display areas.
- EAE have established hundreds of display sites throughout the city and are constantly expanding and updating the network. Sites range from restaurants, delicatessens, hotels and pubs to specific Fringe sites.
- Most sites have our own EAE branded display racks which are instantly recognisable as information points. Our racks can display between 20 and 50 different leaflet titles. Often the display area extends beyond these racks and there may be more than one rack in a venue.
- We always have permission to display. Every site is serviced by an EAE member of staff, who displays the material, tidies the display rack(s) and removes out of date material.
- We cannot distribute A4 (210 x 297mm or 8.25 x 11.75 in) leaflets during the Festival.
- Unusual sizes/ formats of brochure may restrict the number of sites in which we can display your print.
Please note that your print will be on display in a selection of sites within our standard services.